Friday, May 19, 2006

Look what Summer's brought out of the Woodwork

Summer is upon us (well sort of) and the mood that settles on the general populace has lifted with a collective sigh. Summer brings with it many wonderful things -  the great outdoors, parks, pretty flowers, sunshine, butterflies and barbeques. It also seems to bring out the friendlier side of people – I don’t know if it’s just me or are people more ready to give you a smile when the sun is out.

But apart from the lovely offerings of the summer months, there are also the horrors that come out of the wood work. Skimpy shorts, bum high minis’ and tiny mid-riff showing vests. Now, not that these things are summer fashion faux pas, however when you see them on a 20 stone, 5 foot tall, thunder thigh-ed and cellulite ridden woman, it is not a pretty sight.

Summer leaves me wondering just how many people actually have mirrors in their homes or more importantly, friends who are willing to tell them the truth. Each time I go into the city or to the park, I see dozens of women I am just itching to go up to and say ‘Sweetheart that is sooooooooooo not a good look.’ But I don’t for fear of having some GBH inflicted on me. So I just sit and watch and thank God that I have mirrors and good honest friends!

1 Comments:

Blogger TMinx said...

Lol, its summer all year round here and some people still wear winter jackets...beats me!

4:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home