Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hello May, and My Dream Job challenge


SSo April ends and we welcome in May. A good start to the month- it’s a bank holiday today! And what better time to do another Challenge?

I get the funny feeling that loads of us as are stuck doing jobs that well, we frankly don’t enjoy. We are doing them because we have to (those bills), we are afraid of change (snug in our comfort zones), or we haven’t yet discovered what our passion really is, so we are just marking time doing what we are doing. So here is a chance for your imaginations to run wild.


This challenge is called

MY DREAM JOB. Some prompts have been provided to help you along, but by all means make up your own..



My Dream Job

Describe your dream job.
What time would you start?
Where would your job be?
How would you get to work?
What would you wear?
How much would you get paid?
Who would your clients/customers be?
What will your core tasks be?
What would the perks of your job be?
How will you measure your success?


The job doesn't have to entail being an employee, it can be your very own business.

You have a week for this challenge that means posts should be up by

Monday 8th of May.

Please leave a comment to let me know you will be participating and a link to your post when you have put it up. A lot more people participated in the last challenge but didn’t bother to leave a comment and I only stumbled on them quite by chance. By leaving a comment I am encouraged to carry on.

Enjoy!!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Quest said...

Okay.

Hey, I think the reason some people didn't let you know they were writing the letter was that they saw it on other blogs and liked and copied the idea. They may not have seen you post the challenge directly.

6:12 pm  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

What a coincidence... I just complained about my job on my blog. I will definitely take part in this challenge...

10:42 am  
Blogger Ore said...

I think about this all the time, so I think I will do this challenge.

5:03 pm  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

count me in!

5:19 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@ Gina: wow thanks for the lovely comments and the link. Much appreciated

@ Londonbuki, everchange, ore and onada: I can't wait to read about your dream jobs! Thanks for rising to the challenge!

10:03 pm  
Blogger Biodun said...

I'm in too, but one question what exactly do you mean by what time would you start? Do you mean what time of the day?..let me know...

4:14 pm  
Blogger Monef said...

I'm one of those who didn't let you know I'd participated. This is because it took me a while to figure out who initiated it so here is the link.

http://monefetal.blogspot.com/2006/05/letter-to-my-younger-self.html

I will definitely participate in all your challenges, but this one will need quite a lot of thought. Great ideas though, so definitely keep it coming.

4:55 pm  
Blogger TMinx said...

Im in! AND the 8th is my birthday wohooo!

5:13 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@ biodun: yes, what time of the day.

5:31 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@ belle in the city: Of course... I'm already working on it :-)

7:41 pm  
Blogger Nneka's World said...

Count me in!

You know what i like about you pilgrimage, is the tasks that you set for yourself to do and invite other bloggers like moi to do so.
I loved the letter to my youngerself task, very therapeutic (hope i spelt it right)
Well will be doing this one!

10:53 am  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@ Nneka: what a lovely thing to say. Thank you very much. I love to share things that give me pleasure and challenge me with others. Thats how we all grow. Looking forward to reading about your dream job.

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home