Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lagos, dream jobs and glorious summer!

Hubby’s back from his two week long ‘holiday’ to Nigeria. He came back suitcases heaving with all my favourites: ogbono, egusi, suya pepper, crayfish …. you get the picture.  It takes very little to please me. He also returned armed, at my request, with the latest copies of True Love and Genevieve magazines plus loads of back copies as well. These are the only two (Nigerian) magazines I feel are worth spending any money on. But then that’s just my opinion.

From what he tells me, there is so much untapped potential in Nigeria (business-wise) it’s unbelievable. Lagos seems to be as vibrant and bubbly as ever and a fun place to be -  if you’ve got the cash. That’s just it isn’t it? If you’ve got the cash - cash being the operative word. Which leads me nicely onto the next thing.

I am VERY pleased with all the interest shown in the new challenge My Dream Job (see previous post for details. If you want to be a part of it just leave a comment so I know. Remember, stealing isn’t nice.) and I can’t tell you how much I am looking forward to reading about everyone’s dream job. I have a feeling I have unearthed a can of worms with this one. Hehehe!

Summer glorious summer has FINALLY arrived. Dragged a skirt out of my wardrobe today and surprise, surprise it still fits – with room to spare! My detox did work, ha! And when the sun starts to smile on us here, it usually indicates that it’s time for a wardrobe reshuffle – the jumpers, boots and coats go into hiding and out come the tank tops, skirts and lather sandals. I am beside myself with joy!!

So the mood is light, the heart is happy (I’ve got my husband back again) and the future is bright!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann! said...

Ogbono! *dies*

Mention that and I get ecstatic!

Have a good summer! :)

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home