Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Crazy Busy, Pet Projects and my Business!

Wow! What a crazy busy ten days this has been and I cannot believe I have been away for this long!!! Sometimes things just get so overwhelmingly hectic there’s nothing you can do.

First off thanks to everyone who participated in the dream job challenge. It was great to read about your dream jobs – and my goodness, were they diverse! Now the next thing guys, is to print off your dream job write up, make a list of the goals and the steps you intend to take towards achieving it and put this list up somewhere VISIBLE – on your bathroom mirror, fridge, as a screen saver perhaps? Just anywhere you get to see it often and keep it in your minds eye.

I finally kicked myself in the bum to get moving with setting up my business. I am really fed up with this 9 – 5 malarkey and working for someone else. I believe very strongly that you’re not going to get rich working for someone else. And when I say rich, I don’t necessarily mean in monetary terms – I mean rich in time (don’t get me wrong working for yourself mostly means loooooooonnnnnnnggggggg hours but at least you know it’s for YOU at the end of the day), being fulfilled, having the satisfaction of watching your (business) baby grow and so on. I know I have gone on about this my business for a while and now it’s time for the revelation… read my ‘Dream Job’ post and it will tell you exactly what I am  setting up. Yes, I make handbags! And I intend to turn this hobby of mine into a booming business. I have spent the better part of the last ten days cutting out patterns and sewing, sewing, sewing. I have spent HOURS hunched up over my sewing machine churning out handbag after handbag. And I am quite impressed with the outcome, even if I say so myself.

I think I also spread myself a little thin by signing up to various projects  which caught my interest and thought I would have lots of time to fit in. But things have changed so much over the last couple of months. And last week I was in desperate danger of not meeting the various deadlines!! This really got me worried as I pride myself on being organized and keeping my promises. But it’s a good thing in a way because I have been forced to take a long hard look at all the groups and projects I have signed up for and made the decision to stick with just a few which I enjoy or will develop me in some way  and most importantly , I will have time for . It’s a pity because there are so many interesting things going on in the great WWW like the group of bloggers who have started a book club! I stumbled on it yesterday and my first thought was ‘I’ve gotta join this’ but then I gave it a bit more thought and to be honest, I barely have the time to read a glossy so what time am I going to have to read a book??

Which brings me onto the next thing … I am not one to recommend books but I will this time. I am currently reading the book ‘The Best Year of Your Life’ by Debbie Ford. Personally, I have found it very motivational and it has spurred me on towards finally oiling the wheels of change in my life.

So have a great week everyone and I hope I am not away for too long this time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Aramide said...

Hmmm I'm gonna get that book...even though I have about 30 on my table waiting for me to finish off! How do some people do it? My to do list is endless, I don't think that 101 things to dolist is for me, more like 10001!!!!

5:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home