Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rude Awakening

I woke up from my dream this morning in a cold sweat. I had been dreaming that I had gone into labour – and I still have nine weeks to go!! Yes, dear folks, the time of my baby’s arrival draws quickly nigh.

This dream has been a rude awakening for me as it has now hit home that I have purchased absolutely nothing for the baby or myself. Okay, I have bought a few baby grows but that’s about it. I walk into the baby section of shops and just stand there looking – not having a clue what to buy. My husband warned me cautiously the other day not to be too blasé about it all because it could turn round and bite me in the bum. And he is right.

So today I shall sit down and make a list of stuff I need to buy for my pending new mum status and although I still have some to go before my due date, I shall be packing my hospital bag this week – just in case.

PS: Hope you all had a great Easter break!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger KemiMamaLopes said...

Welcome back. Was about to start searching the streets of Birmingham! Enjoy the shopping or better still, go online. I hate shopping in the shops, even do my grocery shopping online.

10:46 am  
Blogger omohemi Benson said...

What a dream?
Anyways don't worry,your baby will come at the right time.

Happy shopping and getting ready.

2:09 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The time draws near, good luck and God bless!

4:03 pm  
Blogger Uzo said...

LOL...I know this isnt funny but it is....You would think this was your first

2:18 pm  
Blogger Miss Opeke said...

I guess most people always wait after the baby shower before shopping for their baby stuffs.
Well, about the dream, it is because you have been thinking so much about it. Don't worry,it is going to be well...

4:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thanks a lot. After reading the post, I realized that I will be 40 in a few years. I stopped counting when I hit 30.

Something else I started (or stopped) doing as the years went by. I stopped buying 3-4 inch heels. Sorry... sorry... sorry its 2 inches max for me. Life is too short to endure feet that hurt.

Anyway.. there are adventures at every age. Live it up!!!
Just don't be that poor pathetic old person at a nightclub filled with youngins.

Personal question for you.. you don't have to answer. Are you going to deliver naturally.. or have a C-section. Is there anyone that delivers naturally these days?

3:29 am  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@ mamabomboy: Definately naturally. I had my first with no pain relief (apart from gas and air, which only makes you high but doesn't really take away the pain) so I am opting for the same this time around as well.

6:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Kemi welcoming someone else back. Have you been to her defunct blog lately?

Anyway, I popped by just to let you know my housemate's boss' baby came 4 weeks early and was totally healthy. If that happened to you, what will baby have? LOL - I too was reluctant to go baby shopping, more because I could not believe I had been blessed so. Grab a pal, go into Mothercare and get the basics. Lucky lucky you! All the best!

7:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home