Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Scan

I am officially three months pregnant today and this is when most mums-to-be start to spread the word because the potential ‘dangerzone’ of having a miscarriage is now greatly reduced. But as you all know, I didn’t quite wait for the three month mark to break the news. I was too excited to hold it all in.

I also had my 12 week scan yesterday – yaaaaaaaay!! And I am pleased to report that baby is healthy and happy and bobbing about in my belly. I don’t think there is a more exciting stage of pregnancy (apart from having your test give you the positive blue line/cross) than having your first scan. There is something so exciting about it and seeing that little blob in your belly show up on the screen makes it all so real. I mean I know I have been pregnant for the last few months, but actually seeing the proof, so to speak, confirms it all.

My three day window of renewed energy and reduced sickness has closed and I am back to square one (head down the toilet bowl) again. I am really fed up with it but if I am to believe all the many ‘Your pregnancy’ booklets that I have been given to read, then it shouldn’t last for much longer. Fingers crossed. Hard to believe that something not quite 10 cm long is giving me so much grief.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats about that. i remember when i had my scan at the beginning of the month the baby become really alive plus this is my first so im so jjc about everything.
im sure your morning sickness will soon be over (mine is now) so dont worrying theres light at the end of the tunnel!!!

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the 3 month mark! looking forward to reading about the other 6! :)

1:54 am  
Blogger kmtaylor said...

Congratulations! I haven't visited here (or blogged) in awhile, so I just learned of your pregnancy. I can't wait for your upcoming posts!

6:05 pm  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Congratulations! That first glimpse of your baby sounds very exciting. From what I hear, once the ultrasound has been done, women can feel comfortable to tell people that they are expecting. With the ultrasound now being done anywhere from 8-10 weeks, women are beginning to tell others sooner. I'm sure glad you didn't wait too long to announce it. We all share in your joy!

12:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home