Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Little Black Dress

For the first time in my life I own a little black dress! I know, I know – what rock have I been hiding under?

You know how sometimes you walk around a shop and something you see just reaches out and speaks to you and you know you’ve got to take it home? Well, that’s exactly what happened to me on Friday.

I wandered into Zara (not a shop I go into often as I find their sizes are sometimes off) just to have a browse around as you sometimes do when I saw one of the shop assistants wearing the simplest little black dress I have ever seen. It was beautiful and it just spoke to me. I kind of guessed that the very same dress must be hanging on a rack somewhere in the shop so I went searching. After about 15 minutes of looking around I found it, hidden away in a recessed display in an easy-to-miss location of the shop. I pounced, frantically sifting through the tags on the hangers looking for my size and breathing a small prayer under my breath when, viola, and to my surprise, I found one.
I say to my surprise because nine times out of ten when I see something that I like, the shop either doesn’t have it in my size or in the colour I like or the belt is missing or a button is gone. But this time, I struck gold. And not only that, they only had three of the said dress left (on display anyway) so it really was my lucky day.

There is nothing elaborate about this dress but its beauty is in the simplicity of its cut and the tailoring. It’s a knit dress (all the rage for winter I understand) cut in an A-line style and it just falls so beautifully when worn. I love it!

For some interesting little black dresses see here

I am also lusting after this ring.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger LondonBuki said...

Wow... enjoy it!

I don't have an LBD either. I bought a black dress from H&M 4 years ago and it looked so cheap, I've only worn it once!

I want to find one that fits me close to Perfectly!

10:29 am  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Maybe you should try looking in Zara as well. I also walked past New Look and they seemed to have LBD's as well. Good luck.

11:00 am  
Blogger Uzo said...

I dont own one either. Cant find that fits right seeing as i am 2 sizes up and down. LOL. But i want one - Lord knows i have the shoes and accessories to match

2:45 pm  
Blogger Favoured Girl said...

That's lovely! I had a LBD which I wore for my 21st birthday and since then I haven't ventured to buy another one. But with the christmas season upon us, I just might be brave enough to get one. Enjoy yours!

9:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home