Saturday, August 05, 2006

Money Na Love

Going through an old collection of poems I wrote years ago, I found this.

Money Na Love


You say you wan marry, you say you want wife
Who you think say go marry you live yeye life?
This na Nigeria, you sef for know that
Dem no dey put woman for house if pocket no fat

After all, if we sleep finish na wake we go wake up
Abi you think say na sleep I go chop?
You fit say you love me na you sabi
If you no get money, lie lie, one of my eye you no go see

After all, I no suffer for my papa house
So why I go come dey follow you live like church mouse
So before you wear cloth to follow woman anyhow
Go put money for your pocket now, now

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Hi Bizzle, I don't quite understand what you are disagreeing with. The poem is talking about EXACTLY the things you have mentioned. Without money,life can become hard.. Perhaps I am not quite getting the point you are trying to make?

3:19 pm  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

I love this poem! It is funny but you give good advice in the end. A friend and I were talking about things we find attractive in a man and one thing that came up was his financial independence. Yes, women can work but they also want men who are able to stand on their own feet financially and not be a burden. This does not mean that a woman should not support a man going through a hard time - we are talking about love afterall. However, 'before you wear cloth to follow woman anyhow go put money for pocket now now.' I quite enjoy this poem and will be sharing it with my sistas.

5:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home