Tuesday, July 25, 2006

On Oprah

Anyone who knows me well knows that I think that Oprah is one of the most amazing women on this planet and if I were ever given a choice of a mentor, I would without a doubt chose her ( along with another 1 millon women I suspect).

With this thought in mind, a very good friend of mine bought me the best present ever- The Oprah Show 20th Anniversary Collection. It's a 6 DVD collection. I am only on DVD number 1 yet it has made such a huge impact on me already.

Now let me just say, if you are looking for inspiration, motivation, affirmation then you've got to get this. It will change your life. I don't say this about many things, but this collection will.

My hubby can't understand the pedestal on which I put this woman (he always says I am ready to jump to her defence no matter what!) but I can. To me, with all her wealth and celebrity, she has managed to remain so real and that's what I admire about her the most. You go Oprah!

5 Comments:

Blogger TMinx said...

She's a walking motivation story!

5:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE Oprah. Its a shame that I live in her city, and STILL can't get a ticket!

6:27 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@minx; so true.

@ Belle: have you ever bumped into her? :-)

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, no :( But i always stare into limo's! (joking)..lol
I need to start calling, so i can take my Mom when she's in town..

1:25 am  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@tuckergurl: I do so hope you treat yourself and get it. But make sure you are armed with tissues when you watch the 'heartprints' DVD. I was crying like a baby - incredibly touching.

@ belle: Good luck with the calling. I hope you get a ticket to the show and then you can give your mum that once in a life time experience.

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home