Thursday, July 27, 2006

26a

Thanks to the post on Diana Evans on Ores blog and the write up on her on Cassava Republic, I finally took 26a off my shelf after having had it sitting there for about four months.

I finished 26a in three days flat – a feat for me considering that for the last four years or so it has taken me 6 months or more to finish a book and more often than not, I don’t. 26a is a very funny, haunting and tragic story and it’s going to take me a while to get the two main characters, Bessi and Georgia, around which the story revolves out of my head. My eyes are still swollen from crying.

Conclusion: I strongly urge you to get a copy of this novel and read it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

was it that good? i'm going to order one from Amazon! thanks for the recommendation...

3:14 pm  
Blogger Ore said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I did too, though it's probably not for everyone.m

9:21 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

@ Ore: I agree. Indeed it probably wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. It took a while for me to get into it (certainly the first few pages were a hard slug)and I found myself a bit disorientated in parts but overall it's a good read and very touching.

That's what I was trying to say when i said it was a very funny read - I meant very funny as in Strange, not 'ha ha' very funny.

12:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home