Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mission: Get Organised

...mission?...get organisedWRITE thingsdown...

I am on a mission – to get more organised and get things moving in my life. As my hubby will put it – moving on to another level (preferably a higher one, of course!). I have so much I want to do and so little time and yet I faff about wasting time doing things that add no value, and have absolutely no impact in propelling me towards my number one dream goal – Starting up my own business.

I wrote my business plan months ago, attended a 10 week flash course on how to go about setting one up, even went as far as getting business cards printed, a domain name registered and labels woven and yet almost a year on, I have remained on the spot. What happened you ask? I lost focus and motivation – plus a little bit of fear mixed in (one gets used to that paycheck coming in at the end of the month). The losing focus bit was just letting my time be eaten up and side tracked itty bitty stuff that in hindsight were REALLY QUITE UNPRODUCTIVE. Losing motivation was just a spin off of this. But I am determined to change this and my first strategy is to get a little more organised.  

I want to get into the habit of writing down things – and I mean everything. Every year, I splurge out on expensive refills for my filofax (I am definitely a paper girl, no handheld’s for me. I love to see stuff written down in black and white) and when I flick though it 12 months later, there are huge gaps in it which are completely blank – pages and pages of blank space.  Such a waste of my hard earned money!

Too often stuff pops into my head only for me to forget it an hour later. why? Because I didn’t bother to write it down. So from today (she says) I am going to get into the habit of putting things down on paper. A tried and tested way of making things stick in your subconscious. And it’s not only the writing things down, it’s also the acting upon the stuff you write down. But one step at a time.

For those of you also on the quest of getting more organized and on top of things, have a read of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home