Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ink on Paper

There is something about writing that is so freeing, n’est pas? At least for me there is. Eventually putting pen to paper, or in this case, fingers to keyboard always begins with a tiny little seed of thought which grows and grows until it just has to be planted onto a page.

To start, I generally have a vague idea of what I want to write about – an idea that came to me suddenly, or is triggered off by a word I have seen or as a result of something I have read. And as the idea takes on life, the words begin to form in my head – the construction process I call it. After a few hours, days or weeks I begin to jot these thoughts down. The first attempt hardly ever reads right but at least it’s down on paper (PC) in a rough and mostly unstructured form. Then the editing starts until I have it down (almost) just right.

I don’t have any burning ambition to publish a book but I do enjoy writing about random things that catch my fancy and since starting this blog and reading through earlier entries, I feel I have developed in my writing. (If you feel otherwise, please keep your thoughts to yourself and don’t disabuse me of this idea!)
It’s true though, the more you do something, the better you become at it.

Its just so enjoyable and utterly self indulgent (it is) to sneak off by myself and just write. I truly admire people who have a way with words. Who are able to string a perfect sentence together or are able to put a description across with such vivid clarity it’s like you, the reader, become a part of the picture. Truly amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I love the way words can paint a picture or convey thoughts or feelings. It's beauty.

6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home