Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dare to De-clutter

Everywhere I look there is so much clutter. Not that my house is untidy it’s just that it seems to contain so much stuff. My wardrobe is filled to bursting point, my freezer is screaming out to be emptied, even my book shelves are groaning. The plain truth is that I have too much stuff. And the thing is I just keep adding to it! Ah, an offer I just can’t let slip by - buy it, a must read book – buy it, oh I feel like eating squash today (don’t have a clue how to cook it though but what the heck) – buy it. And so it goes on and on.

So, solution?

I have decided to have a pre-Spring declutter. My wardrobe (haven’t worn you in the last year? Out!), my hard drive (do I really need to keep all those inspirational emails sent to me since 1997? out!), my book shelves (haven’t so much as glanced at you in the last 5 years? Out!), centuries old birthday cards that I feel I must keep because they are from family? Out! My filled to capacity garage (a great place to hide things you don’t want to see, but now I will and Out!Out!Out!). Just the thought of it is so liberating.

Why so keen to declutter? Simple. I can barely think for all the stuff I have plus it’s getting on my nerves. Also the realisation that I don’t need half the things I own and could easily survive on a whole lot less. Less clothes, less food, less books. Just less!

3 Comments:

Blogger adefunke said...

Keep the books, no matter how old they are

2:54 pm  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

i am such a paper/object/memory whore. i have stuff from the 2nd grade...but when i moved, i realized how much crap i transported from one place to another so i gathered up at least 5 boxes of junk that i just need to purge my space of...and i couldn't be happier!

4:44 pm  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

You've inspired me to do the same!

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home