Monday, January 16, 2006

Models and Journals but getting nothing done

This was one of those days that all the grand plans I had laid out before me in my dozy waking hours never did materialize. But in my fully conscious state, I looked around and really couldn't be bothered to do much. It was dull, dark, cold and wet. In fact it's still raining outside. The pile of ironing and house chores will just have to wait till tomorrow. And they do need to be done tomorrow, unfortunately no more procrastinating, as we are having guests in from Wednesday straight through to Monday.

I am in a bit of a dilemma as to what to cook for my august visitors as I am on a detox and living on rabbit food (translate that to mean lots of veggies), fish and Soya milk!!! It's a regime that doesn't leave very much room for creativity. And I really do not feel like making up a menu from which I cannot partake. Oh, can't be bothered to think too much about it at the present moment. Something will work out.

So apart from a quick trip to the shops to stock up on some more fruit and veg with my daughter, I just pottered around the house doing little bits and bobs. In case you are wondering how I can do this on a Monday when everyone else is rushing off to work - I work part-time.

But the evening certainly warmed up though.... The new season of America's next top model started tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heeyyyyyy girls!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I coped without it. I already have a favourite girl - Ebony.

Desperate Housewives starts again this week and a new series of Boston Legal starts on Thursday. So my evenings are pretty much booked up now. Hmmmm. It's a pity though that curling up in front of the box with a mug of hot chocolate/horlicks is out of the question for now so I'll have to make do with a mug of herbal tea. Doesn't quite have the comfort appeal though.

Was determined to start writing in my Journal today. But there is something about that first blank page that can be so daunting. what do I write? How to do I write? Do I just plunge in or do I give some background history? What type of pen do I use? Papermate? Bic? Fountain? What colour ink? Pastel? Metallic? Normal? Just stupid things y'know, holding me back from just. Simply. Starting. So another day goes by and the lovely journal gets put back on my bedside table - blank.

I used to keep a journal years ago but got rid of it when I got married. I am not giving any reasons as to why I did but I regret it now for only one reason only - I had some great entries in it from the two weeks I spent in one of the remotest and poverty ridden parts of Nigeria where I did my orientation camp for NYSC. It's a pity because I would have liked to have kept those entries - the description of the scenery, the raw emotion I was feeling at the time, the friendships I made (friendships that were never sustained and their names long forgotten now), and just having a record of that time of my life. But no need crying over spilt milk as it's said.

That's why I feel so desperate to start journaling again - to have a sort of record of my life. My achievements, failures, hopes, dreams, thoughts, joys and so forth. And for me, it's a release to write. Just getting 'it' out of my system. Perhaps tomorrow?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ore said...

My goodness!!!!!!! Are you guys just starting season 1???? ;-)

This was MY show (or at least, one of them). My sister and I used to watch it EVERY week and call each other up during the commercial breaks to discuss the going ons. My sister has season 1 on DVD and I taped part of season 4. This is one of the saddest parts of my not being in the States anymore. In season 1, I liked Adrianne and Kessie. I liked one of the blonde models (can't remember her name). I could not stand Elyse and Robin for anything.

Meanwhile, they've started showing Tyra's talk show here on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Haven't watched much of it, so don't really have much of an opinion about it yet.

Regarding journaling: I love starting a new journal and i absolutely love the thought of a brand new page to write on. I usually don't give it much thought and just jump right in. That's typically my approach to journalling as a whole anyway. I find that if I think too much about whether to write or not, or what to write about, then I'm less likely to write. But, if I pick-up a pen and start writing without really thinking about what I'm going to write, the ideas just flow. Actually, now that I think about it, that is also my approach to blogging and a lot of other things in my life.

Just jump in there and don't think too much!

12:53 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Noooooooo, it's season 5 thats starting. Gosh Ore, we don't live in the dark ages here ;-)!!!! Was there an Ebony in season 1 as well? I don't remember anymore. But this season promises to be good!

Thanks for the journaling tips.

1:07 pm  
Blogger Ore said...

LOL! Okay, my bad! Yes, there was an Ebony in season 1. She had a clean-shaven head and the judges accused her of wanting "too much" to be a model. (Please don't ask me....)

Hope your journaling goes well.

2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home