Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My goals for 2006

I cannot believe that it is already the 11th of January already. Its my birthday in the next ten days.

Ohh, what a start to the year it has been. I have outlined my goals which are very short and to the point

  1. Read my Bible from cover to cover by December 2006.
I have quite a good bible reading plan which I am pleased to say I am on track with - well almost, I am two days behind on my reading. Hey, what do you expect I am a busy woman!! I barely find time in the day for me.

  1. Start my business.
This is going well as well although the actual product is yet to be produced. Sounds dreadful seeing it typed down in black and white but it boils down to the same thing mentioned above. Since my product is handmade, I need to find the time to sit down and make them. Does anyone out there have any ideas of how to make the most of ones time during the day?

  1. Lose 8kg by March 1, 2006.
Now this has gotten off to a very good start. On the first of January I started a detox programme which means I am not having any salt, diary products, red meat, tea, coffee, bread, butter, wheat, palm oil etc, etc. What I am having lots of is fruit, Veg, fish, Oat Cakes, Herbal Teas and water and all cooking is done with very little olive oil. I thought it would be really difficult to stick to but its been surprisingly easy to do. I feel so much better in myself - lighter, my skin is clearer and the added bonus ? - the weight is just dropping off. Ta-da. The longest one should embark on a detox is 28 days after which time you should be sufficiently in the swing of things to naturally alter your diet to a healthier one. Oooohhh, I have just had a compliment off my colleague. She has just told me that I have lost a lot of weight. I am sooooooooo pleased with myself. I ought to have done this a long time ago.

There are other little goals which I have set myself and will table in due course. Apart from all this, I plan to take 2006 by the scruff of its neck and shake out all the goodness that it has going for this year.

On a different tangent, does anyone have any idea who is behind the programme 'Nigeria International'? Its really quite professional. I am impressed.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ore said...

Oooh, good luck with all your goals. I love setting goals for myself, though I usually don't wai until the start of the year to do this.

I set a goal to work-out between 3-5 times a week about am couple of years ago. For the most part, I exercised about 3 times a week that year, which was very good for me. I also started watching what I ate and how much I ate. I must tell you that I felt INCREDIBLE and so I highly commend that you are paying extra-special attention to your health. It truly is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

11:22 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Its what keeps me going!!

9:48 am  
Blogger Nneka's World said...

Goodluck with your goals.
It takes a lot of self discipline to be able to stick to your goals and you seem to have a lot!
Sadly i cant say the same for myself, but working on it.
After reading your weight loss plan, i have slowly started substituting coffee for water, still trying to do the bread thing though

10:56 am  
Blogger Nneka's World said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:56 am  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Nneka's World: I can't tell you how good you'll feel if you do a detox. Even a mini one for three days will make a difference. But the key is WANTING to. You have to be in the right frame of mind to start one and stick with it. I wish you lots of luck. Click on the link I included in the blog and it'll give you lots of information on detoxing.

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home