Friday, February 17, 2006

Bun in the Oven - where art thou?

My baby is three today. I just can't believe it. She is not a baby anymore!! You mean its been three years since I was lying on my back with my legs hooked up, getting high on gas and air and pushing till I felt like my bowels were going to pop out through my.... okay, okay enough with the graphics.

But yeah, its really amazing how quickly children grow and looking back this is the best age for them to be, I think. They still love you unconditionally, say the funniest things, believe everything you tell them and obey you without question (well, almost without question). Two and a half years ago, I would have told you that you were mad if you had told me I would be saying this now but I am going to say it. I WANT ANOTHER BABY!!! There I have said it. But sometimes things don't happen the way we want them to.

We (why do we always say we?) have been trying to conceive now for about 15 months but it just isn't happening. I have been trying to put a positive spin on it for the last year or so - you know the usual 'When God wills', 'Maybe I am too anxious', 'don't worry it will happen when it happens' - and so on. But I think I have reached the end of my rope. So I am booking an appointment to see a Ob-gyn as soon as possible and get myself checked out. I am not getting younger and I am not waiting for if its going to happen, it will happen. Uh-huh.

Isn't it ironic, women spend their single years desperately trying to avoid getting a bun in the oven, and their married life trying to shove one in!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ore said...

All the best with this. I hope your visit with the ob-gyn goes well.
Yes, the ironies of life are endless, aren't they.

BTW, I like the way you've re-arranged your Links section.

7:29 pm  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Thanks.

Still playing around with the layout of the blog, not very IT savvy so it's a bit hit and miss.

10:04 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tel me about it!! I'm trying to shove one in too!!

11:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home