Sunday, September 09, 2007

All Grown Up

My daughter started ‘big school’ on Wednesday. I find it hard to believe just how the time has whizzed by. I still remember her first day at nursery so clearly (she was only four months old!!) and now look at her looking all grown up in her uniform. I don’t know who was/is more excited her or me.

I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes when we said good-bye to all her ‘aunties’ at the nursery. When I look back now they were such an important part of her life – imagine for four years she was in their care. Fine it was only three days a week but it still amounts to a lot of time.

I also had tears in my eyes as I watched her on wednesday walk off with her fellow classmates to her reception class. What's this with all the tears, I must be turning into a softy.

So here we are beginning a new chapter in her life. I wonder what the future holds …

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer A. said...

FIRSTTTTTT!!!!

Awwwwww...don't cry!

11:45 pm  
Blogger Uzo said...

I remember so clearly my baby sister's first day of big school...my mom cried too...She is 20 now

They grow up so so fast

1:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wait until you buy her her first bra, or when she starts her period or the day you catch her talking to her little "boyfriend" on the phone

12:19 pm  
Blogger Writefreak said...

Awww...children grow up so fast these days, don't worry you guys will share many more landmarks in her life

3:42 pm  
Blogger Yummy Mummy said...

I know exactly what you mean. My son started school last week, and I couldn't believe myself, crying at the gates...

They soon grow quickly...

8:37 pm  
Blogger uknaija said...

Congratulations!

5:06 pm  
Blogger Toksboy said...

PTS - Oya pls update now. I know you have your hands full but we need any little nuggets you care to share.Regards to the family.

8:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home